Belanger Engineering has celebrated our 21st year in business in 2016, and we are looking to add an Intermediate to Senior Level Electrical Engineer to our staff.
Electrical Engineer – Are you looking to join a company that offers excellent benefits and the opportunity to grow your engineering career, plus make practical use of your P.Eng? Belanger Engineering is looking to add an Intermediate to Senior Level Electrical Engineer to our staff.
Belanger Engineering is a progressive, multi-disciplined engineering consulting firm with an excellent reputation in the industry. Exceptionally strong company growth has resulted in an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer who holds their P.Eng. and is looking to lead a team, plus work effectively with our president and other functional business units. If you are the type of person who enjoys diversity in their work, the ability to prioritize and schedule site visits, plus interacting and being a subject matter expert to clients, then this role is a great fit for you!
The mid-senior level Electrical Engineer P.Eng. is a critical role at BE. This is a career growth opportunity, where you are rewarded for your efforts with increasingly senior positions within the company. At BE, we have lots of career advancement opportunities for our employees and offer them the ability to work not only in their area of expertise, but also to expand their functional knowledge into other areas of engineering consulting.
BE is a firm of Building Science Engineers that provides our clients with consulting services to aid them in the evaluation, repair and maintenance of their buildings and properties. Our founder, Paul Belanger, has over 25 years of experience in the investigation and repair of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
Together, we are a team of building science engineers involved with building repair and performance improvement. Our experience with structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering involves both new and restorative construction.
Our team will present options and recommendations for appropriate programs that consider the objectives of building owners and management. As a part of our team, you will convey to our clients that they are dealing with people who have the experience and qualifications to do the type of job they need, and to do it right. At BE, every assignment we undertake is handled with the expertise expected from professional engineers.
“Belanger Engineering – Where you only get the best”
Intermediate / Senior Electrical Engineer
As an Intermediate or Senior Electrical Engineer, you will work in a multi-disciplined consulting engineering firm with an excellent reputation in the industry. The successful candidate is someone who has a thorough understanding of industry practices, processes and a current working knowledge of applicable codes and standards for electrical systems in multi-unit residential, industrial, commercial, and institutional structures. You will be a results-driven individual with the ability to effectively manage your time and multiple, competing priorities and deadlines. As a senior engineer, you also have a proven track record in identifying trends and future business growth opportunities.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Relevant work experience in the market we serve or equivalent (multi-unit residential/condominium sector)
- P.Eng. designation in Ontario is mandatory and must possess Professional Engineers Seal
- Certified thermographer or experience with infrared thermography is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of the:
• Ontario Building Code
• Canadian Electrical Code
• Ontario Electrical Safety Code 24th Edition
• CSA, C282-05 Emergency Electrical Power Supply for Buildings
• CAN/ULC-S524-06 Installation of Fire Alarm Systems
- Familiarity with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Experience working with medium and high-voltage systems above 750v
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Experience preparing technical audits and repair planning and reserve fund studies
- Fluent English, both verbal and written, and excellent communication skills
- Computer literate in MS applications (Word, Excel) and understanding of CAD
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and vehicle in good working order to attend on-site
- Draft proposals and scope of work documentation
- Conduct site investigations and prepare reports and recommendations
- Make recommendations to clients for upgrading electrical equipment or systems
- Prepare tender specifications and performing bid analysis
- Provide senior-level technical oversight and support, as well as coordination of project work
- Lead others and mentor, plan, assign and supervise the work of junior staff (EIT)
- Business development through promotion of our services
- Other duties as may be assigned, which are typically performed by one in such a position
- employed by a business or organization similar to that of Belanger Engineering.
What You Get:
- Competitive salary, plus performance-based bonus
- Health and medical benefits
- Three weeks of vacation
- Four weeks of vacation after 5 year tenure
- Business is closed for the Week of Christmas.
We thank all candidates who apply for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Belanger Engineering is committed to protecting your privacy and in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). Your information will be used for recruitment and selection purposes only.
No phone calls from recruitment or staffing agencies will be accepted.
Interested in joining the Belanger Engineering team? Fill out the form below and attach your Cover Letter and Resume for consideration.