We are looking to add a Civil Project Engineer, P.Eng. to our team. Consideration will be given to EIT with relevant experience in Building Sciences.
As a Project Engineer or Project Associate, you will work for a multi-disciplined consulting engineering firm with an excellent reputation in the industry. The successful candidate is someone who has a degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university and is a registered EIT with the PEO. Knowledge of Ontario Building Code and experience in the construction/restoration industry would be an asset. You will be a results-driven individual with the ability to effectively manage your time and multiple, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Registered with the PEO as an EIT
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code
- Detail Oriented
- Proficient in MS Office
- Interpersonal Skills within staff, as well as with contractors and clients
- Team player
- Goal oriented – meeting deadlines
- Reliable and responsible
- Fluent English, both verbal and written, and excellent communication skills
- AutoCAD intermediate level
Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Interface with owner/client, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and structural engineers and contractors in order to develop effective lines of communication and secure approvals
- Prepare drawing details and working drawings for entire projects
- Apply the working drawings to comply with the building requirements to coordinate with contractors
- Field inspection work and preparation of sketches and reports
- Assisting in building investigations
- Assisting in preparation of designs, specifications, contracts and reports of various types, along with normal office-related duties.
- Conduct site inspections for ongoing construction projects
- Conduct various tests and write reports (under supervision of Project Manager)
- Board meeting support
- Support project managers
- Occasional site deliveries
- Additional duties as assigned or required
- Use AutoCAD to transition designer’s sketches and mark-ups into properly documented
- Prepare consultant drawings, showing site plans, internal layouts and exterior elevations of buildings, structural details and mechanical and electrical schematic plans for construction.
- Assist in building reviews and the preparation of sketches and reports.
- Assist in preparing proposals, designs, specifications and reports of various types, including associated office duties.
- Examine relevant codes in the course of providing accurate drawings.
- Interpret client briefs and prepare and develop sketch plans for client approval.
- Represent or assist engineer on building sites to attain measurements and information and to make sure plans and specifications are followed.
- Travel will consist of occasional field work at client sites; meetings at consultants’ locations; attending as a witness, presenter or observer for related hearings; attending industry, community and government meetings.
For consideration, please forward a cover letter and your resume to:
Belanger Engineering is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). Your information will be used for recruitment and selection purposes only.
No phone calls from recruitment or staffing agencies will be accepted.