Electrical and Civil (structural or building science) Engineers
For all positions, please send an email referencing the position to which you are applying in the SUBJECT line, to the attention of the Operations Manager at careers@BelangerEngineering.ca Please attach your resume and cover letter indicating your interest and salary expectations. No phone calls will be accepted.
Representing Belanger Engineering in a professional manner at all times when interacting with clients, visitors, co-workers and other stakeholders
Conducting the business of Belanger Engineering in such a manner as to inspire confidence in the company and the work we do through fair and honourable interactions.
Responsible for the management of multiple projects
Contribute to the development of processes and systems that create better careers, improve our service delivery to clients and promote sustainable growth for the company
Business development through promotion of our services with current or potential clients by means of building upon our core competencies
Execute on project deliverables which include but are not limited to drafting proposals, field review work, building investigations, reserve fund studies, performance audits, preparation of quotes, proposals and contracts, engineering designs, specifications and reports of various types, construction review and contract administration, and normal office administrative processes
Provide technical oversight and coordination of project engineering work through the preparation of clear and concise written reports, conducting effective stakeholder meetings, monitoring and communicating progress against project schedules and budgets, and, recommending or assigning allocation of resources both human and financial as required to accomplish goals
Plan, assign and supervise the work of junior staff (EIT) to ensure that budget targets and project deadlines are met and adjust workloads as may be required or necessary as priorities may dictate
Increases project scope as may be required and/or appropriate
Mentor junior staff (EIT) by providing sound technical principles, practices and methods and assist with problem-solving in order to find practical solutions which improve upon our service delivery to clients
Attend client meetings and/or condominium board meetings as a representative of Belanger Engineering and present technical information in a non-technical manner taking into consideration the audience to whom you are presenting (i.e., layman’s terms)
Other duties as may be assigned which are typically performed by one in such a position, employed by a business or organization similar to that of Belanger Engineering.
- P.Eng. designation in Ontario is preferred;
- Intermediate roles (preferred 5 -9 yrs. of relevant technical & project management experience)
- Senior roles (preferred 10+ years of relevant technical, project and business management experience);
- Thorough understanding of discipline specific industry practices, principles, processes, standards, building codes, and their impact on project activities;
- Be a results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple competing priorities and time lines;
- Must understand the fundamentals of contracts and have proven experience in contract administration, preparation of technical specifications, tender documents, performing bid analysis and managing contractors under the terms of a contract;
- Proven experience conducting condition assessments, performance audits, repair planning, and related report preparation.
- Fluent English with strong written and oral communication skills
Interested in joining the Belanger Engineering team? Fill out the form below and attach your Cover Letter and Resume for consideration.