At Belanger Engineering, we offer a wide variety of services related to building systems. These services fall into two categories: designing and updating. In both respects, we stay on top of changes in the industry and in how people function within building envelopes to create spaces that make sense today. It is interesting to note how building systems have evolved over the years to better understand the dynamic nature of building systems and why your existing structure may need upgrading.
- Population Movement- As people spread across the globe, many settled in areas where the climate proved challenging. As a result, the materials and architecture that worked fine in other areas were not suited to the area. That didn’t stop people from building these unsuitable structures and that can lead to needing upgrades to the building envelope and other building systems.
- Material Availability- Before it was easier to transport materials long distances, people built their structures with what they had on hand locally. That doesn’t always yield the best results and upgrades could be necessary.
- Building System Innovations– While your building may be functional, it might not be as efficient or safe as you would like. Modern innovations, such as elevators, upgrading electrical systems, upgraded roofing materials, and attention to energy savings could be in order.
- Changes in Use– Most buildings are constructed with a particular use in mind, but if that changes, as often happens when a building changes ownership, there may be a need to change certain aspects of the building systems.
- Changes in Code Regulations– As we learn what makes a building safe and secure, our communities take note and change building codes to accommodate this new knowledge. Upgrades to your building may be required, especially during ownership changes and for your own peace of mind.