Commercial buildings in Ontario must be equipped with a smoke control system that conforms to the National Fire Code and the Ontario Building Code. Regular smoke control equipment testing is required for the following reasons to keep your building safe and prevent damages in the event of a fire.
- Confirm systems are operational—The main purpose of smoke control equipment testing is to ensure your smoke control system is operational, so it can effectively keep smoke out of areas building occupants and first responders will use during an evacuation.
- Control the spread of fire & smoke—We will make sure your system works as it should so it can effectively control the rate and direction smoke travels during a building fire.
- Provide safety operations for elevators—We can make recommendations for elevator safety operations for specifically when a fire occurs.
- Quickly notify building occupants—In addition to ensuring the operation of your smoke control system, we will make sure your alarm system effectively notifies building occupants of a fire.
- Check for proper installation—It is important to ensure that your smoke control system was installed properly and does not need any adjustments to its configuration.
- Ensure you meet building codes—The fire department randomly checks buildings to ensure that they have had smoke control equipment testing done recently. We will make sure your testing is done promptly so you do not receive any fines or notices.
- Plan for maintenance and repairs—Based on our observations of your smoke control equipment, we can make recommendations for ongoing maintenance and any needed repairs.