Intermediate / Senior Electrical Engineer – Full Time
As an Intermediate or Senior Electrical Engineer you will work in a multi-disciplined consulting engineering firm with an excellent reputation in the industry. The successful candidate is someone who has a thorough understanding of industry practices, processes and a current working knowledge of applicable codes and standards for electrical systems in multi-unit residential, industrial, commercial, and institutional structures. You will be a results-driven individual with the ability to effectively manage your time and multiple, competing priorities and deadlines. As a senior engineer, you also have a proven track record in identifying trends and future business growth opportunities.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Eng. designation in Ontario is mandatory and must possess Professional Engineers Seal Relevant work experience in the market we serve or equivalent (multi-unit residential/condominium sector)
Working knowledge of the:
- Ontario Building Code
- Canadian Electrical Code
- Ontario Electrical Safety Code 24th Edition
- CSA, C282-05 Emergency Electrical Power Supply for Buildings
- CAN/ULC-S524-06 Installation of Fire Alarm Systems* Familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Experience working with medium and high-voltage systems above 750v
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Drafting proposals and scope of work documentation
- Conduct site investigations and prepare reports and recommendations
- Experience preparing technical audits and repair planning and reserve fund studies
- Making recommendations to clients for upgrading electrical equipment or systems
- Preparing tender specifications and performing bid analysis
- Providing senior-level technical oversight and support, and coordination of project work
- Lead others and mentor, plan, assign and supervise the work of junior staff (EIT)
- Business development through promotion of our services
- Fluent English both verbal and written and excellent communication skills
- Computer literate MS applications (Word, Excel) and understanding of CAD
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and vehicle in good working order to attend on-site
- Other duties as may be assigned which are typically performed by one in such a position, employed by a business or organization similar to that of Belanger Engineering.
We thank all candidates who apply for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Belanger Engineering is committed to protecting your privacy and in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). Your information will be used for recruitment and selection purposes only.
No phone calls from recruitment or staffing agencies will be accepted.